Below are 10 important lessons to learn from hen:
1. Hen first lays enough eggs before sitting on them: GOOD PLANNING.
2. When Hen starts sitting on her eggs, she minimizes movement: DISCIPLINE.
3. Hen physically loses weight while sitting on her eggs due to decreased feeding: SACRIFICE and SELF DENIAL.
4. Hen can sit on eggs from another hen: INDISCRIMINATE and GENEROUS.
5. Hen sits on her eggs for 21 days, patiently waiting and even if they don’t hatch she will still lay eggs again: FAITH, HOPE and COURAGE.
6. Hen detects unfertilised eggs and rolls them out: SENSITIVE and DISCERNING.
7. Hen abandons the rotten eggs and starts caring for the hatched chicks even if it is only one: WISE, CONSCIOUS and REALISTIC.
8. Hen will never allow anyone to touch her chick: PROTECTIVE LOVE.
9. Hen gathers all her Chicks together: UNITY of PURPOSE.
10. Hen doesn’t abandon her chicks before they mature: MENTORING