Samsung has unveiled its new flagship smartphones with digital assistant.
Samsung had a terrible 2016 after its Note 7 disaster, so it needs the Galaxy S8 to be a major success. Rather than cutting corners and hoping to increase its profit margin, Samsung has instead decided to create two utterly amazing smartphones.
Here are some basic features Nigerians should know about the new gadget:
1. Break the design lull
Smartphone design has seen a bit of a stagnation over the years and Samsung has tried to break that trend in the past by launching dual-edge smartphones. Galaxy S8 promises to bring just that – a mostly all-glass smartphone with a large display, and almost no bezels.
2. Spot on iris scanner
Reports say that the fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy S8 is being kept awkwardly close to the rear camera module. .
3. Battery: From the leaks so far, Samsung will limit the battery for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ to 3000mAh and 3500mAh, respectively, similar to what was found in the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
4. Keeping it under $1000
With a brand new design language for the Galaxy S8 and top-of-the-line specifications and features, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will not go easy on the pockets. As of now, the device are expected to be priced starting at EUR 799 (roughly Rs. 56,000) for the Galaxy S8 and EUR 899 (roughly Rs. 63,300) for the Galaxy S8+ which is about over 300,000 in Naira.
5. Bixby – Voice Assistant
Samsung will also introduce its personal voice assistant, called Bixby, with the Galaxy S8.
Bixby, developed by Viv Labs, was recently unveiled ahead of the Galaxy S8. According to Samsung, Bixby will let you operate compatible apps completely by voice.
6. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ is expected to pack some serious firepower under the hood. The two smartphones will be powered by the latest Snapdragon 835 SoC, but some markets will get the home-grown Exynos 8895 chip as well.
7. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are expected to sport 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Super AMOLED pressure sensitive displays respectively, with QHD+ display resolutions (2400×2960 pixels).
8. The smartphones will pack 4GB of RAM with China and South Korea said to get 6GB RAM variants as well. The devices will run on Android 7.0 Nougat.
9. Interestingly, reports so far tell us that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will get a 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera similar to the Galaxy S7.
Samsung is also expected to bump up the front camera to an 8-megapixel sensor.
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will be unveiled in a few hours at an event in the US.